Room & Video
What are the different sources supported by Togethr.TV?
You can enter any of theses sources in the input bar :
YouTube video's URL
Any search term
URL of a webpage that contains supported
Is there a quick way to create a room directly from any supported websites?
Yes! Here's two easy way.
First, our bookmarklet :
bookmarklet into your browser's bookmarks bar.
- While watching a video on a supported website, simply click the 'Watch on Togethr.TV' bookmarklet to automatically create a new room with the video from the website.
Second, our Chrome extension :
Go to the Chrome Web Store and install our Togethr.TV extension.
- While watching a video on a supported website, simply click on the extension icon in the Chrome toolbar to automatically create a new room with the video from the website.
Is there a quick way to create a room directly from YouTube?
Can I use video from my computer to create a room?
The easiest way is to use our Streamer which will allow you to directly create a room from any
supported video file on your computer with one click.
Alternatively, you can upload your supported video file on:
- Your YouTube account. You can set the privacy to 'Unlisted', so others cannot find it.
- Your Dropbox account. Use the provided public link.
- Any file hosting services that supports direct linking. Direct link means you can download the file directly without having to pass through a web page.
What are the supported media formats?
Video formats : MP4 (.mp4, .m4v, and .f4v file extensions), WebM, and FLV.
Audio formats : AAC (.aac, .m4a, and .f4a), MP3, and Vorbis (.ogg and .oga).
Does Togethr.tv support voice chat?
By default, the microphone option is enabled. When you join a room, simply allow your browser to access your microphone and you are good to go.
You can toggle the microphone by checking / unchecking the Enable Audio Chat option in the settings section.
What are the user rights?
Here's a short explanation of user rights :
- Each user got different rights over the room. You can see every user rights next to his name in the user list. If an icon is grayed out, it means that the user doesn't have this right (playback or chat).
- As an administrator, you can grant or revoke rights of the room guests. You can also promote a guest to become an administrator, but be careful, you can't revoke this kind of rights when it has been given. Finally, you can ban a user from your room.
- If you have playback rights, you can control the video. You can play, pause, rewind, forward and change the video at any time.
- If you have chat rights, you can chat with the other users.
How can I become an administrator?
When you create your own room, you are by default set as the room administrator.
If you joined an active room, the administrators are the only ones who can make you administrator or give you others rights.
What happen if an administrator leaves the room?
If no one else in the room has administrator rights, the oldest user in the room will be automatically promoted.
If the former administrator rejoin the room, he won't have his administration rights anymore.
How can I send you my questions / feedbacks / bug reports / feature requests?
The easiest way to get in contact with our team is via the 'Contact' link located in the menu or via our forum.